Post by Griever on Mar 24, 2010 2:39:33 GMT -5
1. Don't play others' characters. This rule is flexible in certain circumstances, but only if both parties agree to it. If someone controls your character to an extent you do not approve of, feel free to contact a moderator immediately.
2. Read all stickies. They're there for a reason.
3. Do not invade others' threads. It's fine to enter a thread with your character(s), but consider the plot of the thread you want to enter. Do not enter a thread if you would interfere with someone else's plot; for example, if two characters are fighting and one is losing, do not bring yours in to suddenly save them without permission.
4. Mist and Rain is a literate RP. This means we have certain standards for writing quality and canon character playing. If the staff feel that you do not understand a character's personality well enough, or that your writing isn't what we're looking for, we will decline your character. The intention with this isn't to intimidate, but to keep quality up for our members. As well, if we feel you're slipping out of character at any time, the staff will inform you, and if the problem isn't corrected, we will take action.
5. No one or two-liner posts. We don't have a specific word count, but please put some effort into your posts. At least two paragraphs is required, and if your post is shorter, it will be removed.
6. If you are going to be away for more than a few days, please let us know in advance if possible. Canons that are inactive for too long without notice will become available again. All character applications that are removed due to inactivity will be saved should you choose to return, but we won't take canons from anyone for a returning player, if they've been claimed.
7. Do not take a character from another series and claim them as your own. If you post a character bio that is clearly copying a character from another series, that character's profile will be deleted without being accepted. Simply changing small aspects of a character is also not acceptable; this means that characters that are clearly hybrids of several characters from other series will not be accepted, either.
8. Write your own character profile. While referencing other sources, such as wiki, is fine, copypasting information from them is not. All character profiles must be written out in your own words, to show that you truly have an understanding of the character.
9. No pornography of any kind. This includes in your icons, any images or links you post, and your posts themselves. If you are writing a sex scene, fade out before it goes too far. If you want to write particularly erotic scenes, do it off of the forum and do not post it here. Feel free, however, to make a non-explicit out-of-character note of what happened if you feel it is important to your characters' development or plot.
10. Completed threads are locked to prevent confusion. This is so no one will accidentally post in a completed thread, not realizing it's finished. If you finish a thread and don't see it locked within a day or two, please send me a PM or leave me a note in the cbox letting me know to lock it.
11. Battles and their execution are determined entirely by writing. We have no system of HP or MP, and no post cooldowns. This is to allow freedom for the writers to conduct fights in any way they choose. However, characters are expected to have realistic limitations based on their own relative strengths, and any violations of this - overkill of high-level magic casting, a character that isn't distinctly of a much higher strength dodging or deflecting all attacks toward them, or otherwise anything the staff may deem beyond what your character's ability should be, will be met with an immediate warning. Anyone who does this on repeat occasions will be banned. Levels and strength are a good gauge of relative strength when two characters fight, which is why they're in place, so please reference them.
12. Character profiles posted as WIPs will be deleted after a week of inactivity. This is to help prevent confusion as to which canons are taken and which aren't, as well as keep things moving for us. Inactivity is determined by last edit date, or post date if no edits have been made. Exceptions may be made, depending on circumstances.
13. Characters should be in no more than one thread at once. This restriction is so that we can keep a clear sense of timeline (otherwise, one character could end up in several completely different plotlines that don't converge in any logical way), and applies to character, not writer. Backstories are an exception.
14. Respect others' opinions about the series. This is a multi-Final Fantasy RP, and we have fans of every game and every character in the series here. We don't expect you to like all of them, but we won't tolerate flaming. If a staff member feels you are going too far in being negative - if it carries over in character or goes too far out of character - you will be warned.
15. Do not register with the name of a canon character. Feel free to change your display name after being approved, but until then, use another name. This is to prevent usernames from being taken by people who don't post profiles or don't get approved, which can be problematic and confusing once someone actually does take the character.